Our origins date back to 1968, when two family-owned companies in the automotive industry merged to create A&S Fersa, leading later on to the establishment of Fersa Bearings.
The high standards, proven quality and modernization of our production processes, as well as our continued investment in R&D, have enabled us to become a supplier to the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and to the largest Tier One driveline and transmission manufacturers. This fact has helped us to position our brand among the leading brands in the aftermarket.
Fersa's international presence is growing every day, reaching more than 85 countries. Our extensive global distribution network, as well as the presence of our own manufacturing centers, and engineering and sales offices in strategic markets, have enabled the Fersa brand to continue growing worldwide.
- 1968 | Establishment of A&S Fersa in Zaragoza, Spain.
- 1980 | Design and manufacture of metric and inch series tapered roller bearings.
- 1981 | Definition of the new Fersa quality standards for raw materials, grinding processes and heat treatment.
- 1985 | Design and development of the first special tapers (F 1500).
- 1991 | Production of flange bearings.
- 1995 | Development of double-row tapered roller bearings for light vehicle.
- 2001 | Launch of U-series and direction tapers.
- 2001 | Increased product range: standard ball bearings, special bearings for clutches, axial ball bearings, and cylindrical rollers with brass cages.
- 2003 | First wheel kits for light vehicles: seals, circlips and nuts.
- 2005 | Opening of the new plant in Zaragoza (Spain).
- 2006 | Development of double-row ball bearings.
- 2008 | Launch of roller axle bearings (type "T") and special ball bearings.
- 2009 | Development of new product lines, Hi Pro, which incorporates improvements in product performance.Establishment of a sales and engineering office in Brazil.
- 2010 | Development of special bearings for heavy vehicles: truck hub bearings (F 15000), truck bearing kit (F 200000) and truck compact bearings (F 300000).
- 2011 | Launch of four-point contact ball bearings. Development of special bearings for the agricultural sector. Opening of a new plant in Jiaxing (China).
- 2012 | Creation of the Fersa Iberia distribution logistics center for Spain and Portugal.
- 2014 | Opening of a logistics center in China: Jiaxing Logistic Center. Introduction of the new generation of bearings: Smart Bearing Demonstrator.
- 2015 | Opening of two logistics centers in the Americas: one in Ohio (United States) and another one in Curitiba (Brazil).
- 2016 | Fersa acquires the Austrian bearing manufacturer NKE and from the merging creates Fersa Group.